Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bar Glitter Love

I saw someone put bar glitter over black (someone's blog, I'm sorry I can't remember who or I would give credit) and I lusted, so here's my layering combo.

My screen door looks rock-out awesome as a background.


















The bottom layer is L.A. Girl Rockstar and the bar glitter is Bon Bons (no name - hot pink and turquoise)


















Here's the Rockstar by itself.

This is a sheerish black with flat purple glitter. Only two coats because I didn't want it to get too thick. I would do three if I left it at this.











This has that galaxy look and the black and purple give it a nice plummy color.

This would look good with a purple shimmer layer too, but I wanted something colorful.









I love how bar glitter looks hairy. If you really pack it on it gets to looking like a muppet.










Some of them hang off the edge, so I need to file those off.

I think it looks better in the shade. The sun blends it too much.

















My nails are getting long. I don't usually keep them at this length, but I'm tempted to see how long I can comfortably get them. Taking care of them makes them stronger. I haven't torn one in awhile and they are getting less peely.

My problem is extreme clumsiness and rushing around. I know I'm going to end up hurting something if they stay long.

3 comments:

  1. I like that it's cute I want to start a blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this combination. Very pretty! I have to get some bar glitter polish. I think it was Kitty from kittylovescolor.blogspot.com that had bar glitter. She used Jesse's Girl polish. I believe that had the bar glitter. Let your nails grow. I'm also trying to grow mine.

    ReplyDelete