Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Honeydew One

Here's my last of those new Sally Hanson Salons.

Honeydew.


















It's a frosty-looking greenish almost turquoise. A pretty color, kind of fun. You know what though?

Totally NOT the color of a honeydew melon.











How pretty would it have been in that light green? I'm really raking them over the coals for these names.

Here, look at it again.

It's on the greener side of turquoise.


















And look here.

These are called "old pawn" bracelets made by Zuni and Navajo silversmiths.











I would have named this polish Southwest Jewelry. (Since I'm not sure if you can name things after native american tribes.)

Okay nail polish companies....I'm offering my naming services.

I like this polish. The wear is excellent. I even messed it up after I finished and I kind of pushed it back into place and it wore just fine. The application was pretty awful, but three coats worked out in the end.

You can't even tell I messed up my index finger.













All in all with this line: it's a little bit too expensive, the application is difficult, but the wear is good and the colors are pretty and unique. They all have a bit of a cloudy, frosty feel and look pretty on your hand. I kind of want to try the other colors now. Uh oh.

5 comments:

  1. I just found Honeydew the other day sitting all alone on a dusty drugstore shelf. I brought it home with me, of course. I wasn't all that impressed with it either, to tell you the truth. Maybe I'll like it better in the spring. I love your blog, by the way! I just started one a couple days ago, it's at http://shortnchic.blogspot.com/ if you ever want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of name is honeydew for a turquoise? It is still a very pretty color though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was a strange name for this color. Not any honeydew I've ever seen. I love the color though. Looks pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome. I want it so bad, but it is no where to be found. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found at CVS in a high end suburb just recently. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete