Saturday, February 27, 2010

Just A Great Polish

This is OPI - Ginger Bells.

Part of the 2009 Holiday Collection. It's a muted pumpkin color, suitable for wall and finter etc. It just looks GREAT. That's the word I kept thinking. I even said, "Doesn't this look great?" and my coworker said, "Yeah."















Not everyone gets it, do they?

I just kept looking at it all day and enjoying.

Even though I don't think it does any favors to my skin tone, it's just unusual enough to look very current.











With a matte coat however,

not so much. It sucked the life right out of it.













Here it is with its compatriot OPI - Shim-merry Chic.

I'm going to put the bottle picture in too, even though it sucks. The picture, not the polish.












It's hard to cope with this bleak winter light.

It's got flakes and glitter and makes an excellent top coat. Turns Ginger Bells brown, but the flakes are the color of the Ginger Bells. Very pretty and would work on a number of colors as the base. I haven't tried it alone yet.















Here's OPI - Absolutely Alice over Orly - Witch's Blue (mini bottle).

I've been reading mixed reviews about this and the Avril Lavigne song for the movie - but I really like both of them!!











Here's the little Witch's Blue and it's a beautiful blue on its own. I just didn't get a pic of it.

This is a fabulous polish, but it gets noticed. If you work in the kind of place where they don't really approve of this kind of thing you probably want to use it on the weekend. Yeah, I got some looks. I keep forgetting I'm supposed to be professional. Borrrring. lol














Last for today I have RBL - Bruised.

I bought this a while back. It is professional and I have a sweater that matches it...very nice for working.

















I can't remember why I bought it because its mauve-ness is not really me.

But it's brownish without being brown, it's purplish without being pinkish and that works and I like the name.

















The love of my life is bugging me to go do something today. I think he's in denial about the state of affairs with the snow. I told him, "I am doing something - I'm writing my blog!" and he got all nasty. It's the cabin fever. I shouldn't tease him, he could get aggressive. But come on, the man is looking at kayaking creeks and bike trails. Hello?

The view out the back.

I think this calls for watching a movie (We got Whip It on Netflix) and sending my newly driver licensed son out for Ben & Jerry's and taking a nap with the kitties.



Am I right?

5 comments:

  1. You are right. I have about two feet of snow here but I am an idiot and I went out in it yesterday anyway. I really wanted to see Crazy Heart, that movie with Jeff Bridges, and I braved the icy roads to do it. Worth it? Yes.

    You're right about Ginger Bells. It looks nice on you. It has that SH Forsythia type of elegance happening, I think. I'm kind of meh about Absolutely Alice. I have it but I'm just not a huge fan of glitters. Or glitter removal. I looooove RBL Bruised. I don't have that one :( but I think it looks fabu on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors! I love Ginger Bells, and doesn't it apply so smoothly? I love Absolutely Alice, it looks great over other blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Ginger Bells, I just bought a Rimmel nail polish which I think it's quite the same color... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! what's the pink polish that's your main picture? it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love Bruised! Looks like a perfect color for this fall.

    ReplyDelete