Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stained Glass and Starry

I purposely did only one coat of each of these.

This is Sinful Colors - I Miss You on the left and Finger Paints - Shades of Dark on the right.












Shades of Dark is one of my favorite colors. I crave its peaceful grape jellyness.

This is one coat. It looks much better with two or three, naturally, but I wanted a sheer, kind of stained glass look so I left it like this.
















I added the top coat of I Miss You in an attempt to make it sheer and sparkly, yet dark.

Mission accomplished, yet I was a little disappointed.










I was hoping that the I Miss You would look more dimensional and mixed in, rather than just laying on the top. You can't really see that it is a purple sparkle.

I like the sheer look, but I might try another coat of each just to see if that makes it look more cohesive.











I've featured my one dog, Joe, here, so here's the other four footed friend.

This is Patches. She's an Australian Cattle Dog. She's 5 years old and I've had her from a puppy. She was always gray, or blue, as they call it.











She is petite but keeps this guy in line.

Joe is a mix of a bunch of things including Staffordshire Terrier, aka Pit Bull. I think there's Lab, maybe Boxer? Some Shepherd? Who knows. He was on his last day in the world when I took him home two years ago from the pound. I think he's about 3 years old.








I walk him with a leash and muzzle at all times and I wish everyone would make sure to keep their dogs leashed. He's not dog friendly and I don't want anyone getting hurt because of dog miscommunication.

Here's me!

I'm trying to pretend I'm not being photographed. I'm reading a graphic novel and I have coffee on the shelf beside me. I love Sundays! Now I'm gonna go read Post Secret.

3 comments:

  1. Your dogs are adorable! I like the combination of polish too, I think that it looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shades of Dark is gorgeous. That may be enough to convince me to give Finger Paints another chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you rescued the doggy :) more people should do.
    Also lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete