Saturday, May 23, 2009

Frankening - Frankenlayering?? Nfu Oh 51 !!!!!

Here is the REAL Nfu Oh 51. I'm putting it at the beginning to show you a beautiful pic because my pics suck. This is from The Polish Addict, a lovely blog, and I'm giving full credit.

Now for my own pics, for which I don't particularly want to take credit, but what are you gonna do. I'm a NUBE.


I created my own Nfu Oh 51. Sorta. I layered stuff and it happened accidentally, but I think I'm on to something. Check this out.








I know, awful picture. Let me see if I can get this other camera to work and then I'll tell you how I did this and show you a pic of the real thing.

Naturally, I don't OWN the real thing!! I'm lemming it for sure. Scrangie has a nice pic and I think if I give her credit, she wouldn't mind me posting it. I give Scrangie all the credit in the world!! Couldn't find one I could download, but check out her blog, it's really good.




Clearer, but still very bad. Especially that carpet. Whew.

Instead of frankening by mixing everything, I layered and stacked things up. I used four polishes, Brucci Blue Sapphire, Pure Ice Cheatin, a Bon Bons bar glitter (do these have names?) and OPI That's All Bright With Me.








The Brucchi is a brand I find in Tilton Beauty Supply (The South Jersey (better) version of Sally Beauty) and it's a very dark blue shimmer. The Pure Ice is a thick blue and pink glitter, but takes a few coats to build up, so there are two coats of that. Then two coats of the Bon Bons, which is a strongly hot pink and blue bar glitter (found Pure Ice and Bon Bon at Walmart) and just a strip of the OPI in the middle of the nail creates the yellowish center. I think I'd prefer a gold glitter for that though, so I'll be on the lookout. I don't actually have a gold glitter although I saw a nice one in Walmart yesterday. That's All Bright With Me is a bright yellow sheer shimmer. (I need to return that Hannah Montana bracelet anyway lol what was I thinking? I'm 40 years old)

I'm going to add pics to my previous blogs where I was complaining about not having the pics, so feel free to read my dearth of archives! I think there are four.

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kay!
    It looks pretty good- definitely in the same color family as the original. I think your problem with the pictures is that the light is a little bit low, and the camera is focusing on the carpet rather than your nails. Try laying a piece of paper on the surface where you'll be taking the nail photos. The camera will then be able to focus on your nails better. Also try to have as much light as possible.

    I'm looking forward to seeing more frankens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty! I don't own any of the Nfu Oh polishes either. Love to own them all. You did a pretty good job.

    ReplyDelete